Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grains of Creativity


 I watched the series "Craft in America" from Netflix.  Brilliant!  Watch it.  I wish I remembered which artist said this, but I scribbled this down:

"Our human species is very amazing.  We have these two potentials between creating and destruction.  If all creative people stopped making art, I really think we'd perish as a species.  I'm not going to make the ear that saves the world, I'm not going to make the teapot that saves the world.  But you know, Ghandi said, 'You drop enough grains into the mightiest machine - grains of sand - and you'll stop that machine.'  So I figured, ok.  This is my contribution to man's collective creativity."

My house is full of tiny grains of creativity.

I also like this:

"Develop an infallible technique.  And then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are very inspiring quotations.