Thursday, February 10, 2011

Japanese Paper - An Obsession


I wish I had photos of the little boxes I used to make when I was going through my angsty teenage years.  I used to make dozens of little jewelry box-sized boxes covered with Japanese paper - starting each one from a piece of cardboard, painstakingly measuring them to make sure the top would fit over the bottom.  For what purpose, I couldn't tell you now.  I just enjoyed it. 

I think this is how my love affair with washi paper began...


Nowadays, I'm lucky enough to live in a city that has stores with a pretty wide selection of papers to choose from.  Nevertheless, I don't spend a lot of time in them.  Because of my obsession, I can't bare to throw any scraps away so they get cut down from big projects like the book-binding and decoupage, down to card fronts, then to strips and dots and other bits.



My friends laugh at how I have to sort all the little scraps...


But they are all like jewels to me...






And can be used in lots other of projects.

No comments: