Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Why I haven't posted in 3 months...

Unpainted utility box at the corner of 7th and Taylor Streets in San Jose.  Soon to become part of the SJ Art Box Project.
Maneki Neko, Taiko style.
After the first day of painting.
Koi fish.




Well, this is part of the reason.  Also, I've been madly making cards!

Since I last blogged, I've made 612 cards.  Do I tire of it?  I still can't wait to get back to my desk to get back to cutting and pasting and rummaging through papers and fabrics.

Something I wrote down a few months ago:

"What do you do when you have a piece of material that you think is ugly?  What do you do with a piece of paper that has scribbles or rips on it?  What do you do with something that is cheap or old?"

This is the game I play with myself when making cards - how do I make these things part of the composition?  And manipulate my eyes to make something I want to throw away, into part of something I want to share? 


No comments: