Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Energy

Have I written about energy already?

It's something I think about a lot with taiko, how energy flows from person to person in a performance, how it moves through your body from your center to fingertips.  How to move that energy.  

But it seems so finite lately - I only have so much energy to give and after that there is no more.  I'm disappointed to see that my last blog post was in November.  Pushing out creative energy has been difficult as of late.  Its interesting because I work in the arts, yet the way your creative energy moves in such a dynamic organization is not always up to you.  Sometimes it pools over here or there and waits, sometimes it gets pushed out when not ready.  That is not anyone's fault, it just is.

Drawings from the last few months are about energy.  Looking at it sitting there, or draining away.








No comments: